Saturday, December 3, 2011

Journal Entry #18

Astral Projection:
-This is a moment where the physical body separates from the astral body and travels beyond the boundaries of time, and transcending the physical restraints of existence to exist in a state such as the astral plane or infinite other places as the mind is what manifests the experience at this very moment regardles of set and setting. The astral body is seen as the soul or spirit of the human. Many traditions have different interpretations of this experience but in all differences cultures may have, what holds true is that such experience shows that reality is transparent when exploring the spiritual lengths of our selves and our true potential as living souls not just of the physical world or state of being.

A significant experience I've had was experiencing astral projection on multiple occasions with the practice of pranayama and chakra meditations of all sort such as Kundalini, different yoga techniuques studied and routinely learned over the years and some other eastern exercises .
Kundalini meditation and Pranayama is a practice I perform most often compared to others . The way I have laid out my meditation sessions in order to experience astral projections is first with pranayama ( in sanskrit "extension of the breathe or life force") which are breathing exercises that help with focusing the mind and circulates energy throughout the body. Once the mind goes beyond the surroundings such as the idea of even being in a physical space or bound to anything of the current state of reality, I focus on my 7 main chakras. With each chakra, I visualize them as all singular-yet connected, slowly spiraling galaxies from the root chakra to the crown chakra, and as the kundalini energy( or shakti) rises from the spine and lights up each chakra one after another. There is a sensation that accompanies my rise and circulation of shakti as I feel a pulsation or slight "touch" of warmth and pressure for each point rising and descending towards each point of energy. As I do this for about an hour of focusing on each chakra, I lay down as if I'm going to sleep. Mentally, I keep an affirmation of ascension in my mind. 
       Before I start to project there are a number of occurrences. One of the first things that happens with me is the sound; usually a ringing noise relative to a high and low frequency beating at a pattern. Vibrations also begin once I am aware of the noise. The vibrations are felt throughout my entire essence and after a slight pressure in my head or physical body happens, I start to feel like I, myself am Velcro slowly detaching from a former self. Then, a weightless feeling begins to take over. The way most people can tell they are going into an astral state is because they are slowly becoming more and more cognitive as they start to lift. Sometimes I get frightened or excited because of so much energy and the naturally developed sounds I hear that I prevent myself from reaching the full experience but when I was younger I recall seeing different planets and being what seemed to be space, a celestial infinity surrounded by an endless sea of stars and planets. Sometimes, I would be hovering outside parameters of a massive planet which couldn't particularly be pointed out as Earth yet seemed familar. The feeling looking at such mass was almost overwhelming as I FELT how immense this body of terrain and life was. Everyone usually experiences this in their lifetime either when younger about 5 and depending how far up in age, it occurs less with some people (but that's not always the case). While this is the reality for some, the opposite is true. Other people gain more control over determining astral travel (I am in the process of learning now), But I feel that astral projection has to be one of the most phenomenal life experiences I have had and will hopefully continue to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment